
I was having trouble getting socks to fit and then found this great Cascade yarn called fixation which has spandex in it. Plus it has a slightly nubby texture and is on the thicker side so not only do the socks pull up to fit, they knit up really fast.
Then I finished up this purse. This is before felting

This is after:

Felting is such a hoot! I love to watch the yarn shrink up and become fabric! The colors in this purse just vibrate. Every once in a while in my quilting I get the same effect. I'm not sure what causes it, hue, saturation or value. If anyone has a clue, let me know. I'd like to be able to re-create it at will.
Well, when I get something done in my studio, I'll check back. Bye
1 comment:
I was surfing through our web ring and found you. I like the socks. I do not knit myself but my Mom was a whiz at it. http://thetravellingquilter.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment