My forty first birthday was yesterday and I have parts that are sagging and wrinkling and growing creaky. And I am happy about that. I would not trade them for my twenty something body and the mindset that went with it. I was a "pleaser" and a "fixer" and wanted everyone to be happy and to like me. I didn't know my passions. I didn't know my boundaries. I didn't know much of anything.
Now, at least, I know I like to create art with fabric and to share it with anyone who stands next to me for more than a few seconds. My life has been spent acquiring skills that have brought me to the edge of a cliff from which I am about to leap. Come leap with me and create art. Share my inspiration and let me share in yours.
My most immediate task is to finish projects that have piled up in my closets over the past several years. They are a stumbling block. I can not go on to other things until these are done. They are an eclectic bunch of ideas that must be finished and washed from my mind before I can go on to the new ideas swimming in my head.
These two were the first to get finished. I started them three years ago while on vacation in the Florida keys.


This one is of fall leaves, inspired by scenes in northern Minnesota.

And one created last fall in Melody Johnson's Art Quilt Taho workshop

And another one started in the same workshop

There are more. Many more. But that is enough for now. I must go quilt.
Linda
1 comment:
And your quilts are beautiful! Love the fish especially.
Post a Comment